Gas Marketing firms
To start using natural gas in your home or business you must have a supply contract with a marketing firm.
Those consumers connected to gas whose pressure is less than or equal to 4 bar and an annual consumption of less than 50,000 kWh, will be eligible for the tariff of last resort.
The tariff of last resort is the regulated price at which the last resort retailers sell natural gas to the final consumers. The tariff of last resort is set by the Administration.
There are two tariffs of last resort depending on the annual consumption of the customer:
- T.1 for a consumption lower or equal to 5,000 kWh/year. This range is the usual one in a house with a kitchen and/or natural gas water heater.
- T.2 for a consumption above 5,000 kWh/year and less than or equal to 50,000 kWh/year. This consumption rate is common in a home with natural gas heating.
The marketing companies who assume the supply obligation of last resort are the following ones:
- Endesa Energy XXI, SLU
- Natural Gas SUR SDG, SA
- HC Naturgas Last Resort marketing company, SAU
- Iberdrola, Last Resort Marketing company, SAU
- Madrileña Suministro de Gas S.U.R. 2010, SL
If you wish, you can also choose to purchase supplies at prices and conditions freely agreed with a marketing company.
You can see different aspects of the natural gas market on the website of CNMC in the Energy/Consumers/Natural Gas field or by calling 91 432 96 00.
To help you in your choice, we provide here the link to the complete list of gas traders published by CNMC, with the corresponding customer service phone numbers.